Re: NG v SG

I remember reading many years ago an interesting
article which speculated on what the capability of
railways would be if the Brunel Broad Gauge had been
adopted as the standard.  .....Just imagine what sort
of freight wagons would be possible with seven foot
(2.13 metres) between the rails.!

But, the birthplace of railways decided on "standard"
gauge and in Australia it is the only way, whether we
like it or not.  All mainland capitals except Darwin
are connected, all we need now is some common sense and
uniform working.

....Terry Burton
Alice Springs NT