Re: EL's for QR

Maurie Daly wrote in message ...

>ie what happens if an NRC train fails say at Cook on the TAR and the
nearest >NRC loco is in Adelaide, obviously the train will have to pushed
out of the
>way by whatever is available , even if it isnt in the contingency plan.
>Its no different to the situation if a semi trailer full of petrol tips on
its
>side on the Hume highway and blocks the highway for 24 hours or so.
>All the other truck operators dont get any compensation for being delayed.

I read recently (I think in Railway Digest) that Northern Rivers Railroad
was contracted to supply contingency arrangements for the Grafton area north
to Brisbane. This involved having re-railing squads available. If I read
this correct it would seem in NSW, RAC is responsible for any problems that
may occur on the line. They may charge the operator for the inconvenience I
don't know.

Ben Staples