D3 688 and Y419

Rang Bob Butrims last night to find out the legal
agreements for D3 688.
I quote: "The murray valley railway has only 7 or 8
members all of them are in there 70's or 80's."

This does'nt sound to good does it!

"They rang us up on the Friday to see if we could get
it out of there [H.M.S Cerberus]it was booked in[and
I quote] to be SCRAPPED on the Monday,so we had to
get it out of there".

I could'nt believe they were going to SCRAP the
engine that Monday, a rather close shave eh!?

"We moved it on the agreement that we own 55% of the
loco and the M.V.R own the other 45%. We don't have
any plans for it[688] at the moment"

In other news I spoke to Dave Macartney a regular
around Ballarat East, regarding Y112.
He said that the loco was to be painted canadian red
next as it is more correct for it current
condition(early 1900's rebuilt form) and be
renumbered it's origional number Y419 for a short
period.It will then be painted black and run in it's
shunting form (as Y112)

Hope this info helps somebody out there, please don't
ask me anymore legal questions about W.C.R's
rollingstock as I don't know or want to know anything
about it as it there buisness not mine.

Cheers for now

Lachlan Grant

P.S Bob also said R711 will be running in 2-3 weeks.