Re: Cockatoo Run may get reprieve

In article <3618B2EF.47975B67@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> Chris Stratton wrote:
>
> > When I was on the train yesterday the staff told us that the track access
> > charges are being tripled. They were passing around a petition to get the
> > charges reduced. I also got a cab ride from Robertson to Moss Vale and the
> > ride was so incredibly rough I don't know how the crew put up with it for so
> > long. No 18 performed faultlessly the whole trip and I got some great video.
>
> What about the rates to use Port Kembla Loco?

 Finally someone that knows what they are talking about. Yes, the charges for
Pt Kembla are an issue as well as the environmental issues of having coal on
the ground that have had the EPA buzzing around. Now they tell me that
Freightcorp has decided to get Diesel delivered by road (as in many other
locations) and every time a road tanker comes in they have to shunt the cars
out. The truth of the matter is that there are many issues that need to be
addressed if the train is to continue running after 24th November. I also
understand that any financial attempts to keep the train running would have
to be long term and not a one off payment. Does anyone really think that RAC
would lower their charges for one operator and not for others? I think not,
If they did every other operator would be knocking at their door for a
concession. Cheers Bob