Re: Electioneering train

Well put Garry.
I am not a National Party supporter but I have been on a train with Tim
Fischer and in conversation I soon came to see him as a genuine railway
enthusiast.
For the record, I also had a bit to do with former Labor Qld Transport
Minister David Hamill and he personally favoured preservation and helped
where he could, despite the lines which Labor closed.
Recent Qld National Premier Rob Borbidge liked rail, but his Transport
Minister Vaughan Johnston did not.
At the moment I am not sure where we stand in Qld but so far the new Labor
govt is making the right noises, regarding main line development and
historical preservation.
Dave R