Re: #70 Tram & Flinders Street

[Discussion on through-routing]

David McLoughlin <davemcl@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz> wrote:
>The Wattle Park line could be linked with the West Maribyrnong.

>The East Burwood line could be linked with the North Coburg.

>The North Balwyn could be linked with the Airport West.

>Flinders Street/Spencer Street services could be maintained with the City
>Circle.

>A link like this would provide substantial benefits in tram scheduling.
>Pity it will never happen.

But would it?
Peak tram schedules are unreliable enough, without throwing this into
the equation. In many cases it could mean long delays on services coming out of
the city, especially during the morning peak.

In any case, in recent years the reverse has occured on most through-routed
services: 15 split into 16 and 22; 10 split into 11 and 12. I think 109 and 96
would be the only remaining through-routed trams now.

Daniel (just got back from Europe... I'll tell you about Amsterdam's trams and
the joys of the London Undergound another time)
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...