Vic Track Now V/Line Freight

Over the past few months I have noticed that Vic Track (which is again now part of V/Line Freight) has been spending a lot on fixing up the states railways. This is good but where has all the money come from. The lines I have noticed is the standard gauge to Adelaide, Geelong-Balarat, North Geelong pier, Toolamba-Echuca, Murch East-Strathmerton, the Northeast broad gauge line, the goods line form Newport to Dynon, and now they are starting on the northeast standard gauge.
Also something I noticed in the weekly operational notice was to speed for the standard gauge they are as follows....

Ararat to Wolseley standard gauge line
line of portion class of C G, 81 X T
of line between train CLP 422, 442 80 H
NR BL, DL GM

Ararat and Lubeck Pass 115 115 115 100
bank s/freight 100 100 100 100
Goods 90 90 90 90

Lubeck bank and Pass 100 100 100 100
Horsham s/freight 85 85 85 85
Goods 80 80 80 80

Horsham and Pass 115 115 115 100
Serviceton s/freight 100 100 100 100
Goods 90 90 90 90

Serviceton and Pass 80 90 110 100
Wolseley s/freight 80 90 90 90
Goods 80 80 80 80

So from theses figures wouldn't it be better for ASR to use something other then an NR on there pass to get faster speeds.