Puffing Billy and DL class

>To: ausrail@railpage.org.au •Subject: Puffing Billy •From: Doug Mason
>dmason@deakin.edu.au> •Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 16:10:21 +1000
>I have just been told that Puffing Billy had a crash of some sort.  I have
>heard nothing as yet about it, but if anyone knows anything about it could
>you tell me.

Hi  there,

A tree fell on one of Puffing Billys regular trains yesterday injuring
several people (9?) including a family of 5 when it came through a carriage
roof, probably due to high winds which we had in Melbourne yesterday.
Apparently the particular carriage was not overly full as often the case on
weekends but perhaps others can fill us in on that...

Has there been withdrawal of DL classes on NR? I saw several derelict
looking units at Islington last week and wondering whether they are sharing
the same fate as the EL and C classes!

Thanks

Trevor Gibbs