Re: Will SPI announcements be eventually replaced by DVA? (EOM)

In article <36384E5F.AB24F43E@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> Robert Parnell wrote:
>
> > There are various types of DVA systems around, and I would say that all
> > existing systems will stay, only stations currently without them will have
> > the latest type installed.
>
> So why are they replacing all the City Circle / Bondi Junction cartridge
systems
> with the new DVAs?

That is exactly right - and also those "Amiga" DVA's with the really fast
chime installed prior to the latest ones (once heard at Ashfield, St James,
St Leonards etc).  They can't be any more than 18 months old and are being
replaced!

--
Paul McCabe