Re: Westrail 300 and 2100 classes

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 23:36:45 +0800, "Henry's Cat"
<geracen@wantree.com.au> wrote:

>I'm seeking any info about these two new types.
>
>The 300 is the replacement for the SG L Class and the 2100 is a new NG type.

300 is the Q class. 4000hp EMD Clyde-GM built at Somerton and finished
in WA. Basically these are what NR would have got if they had ordered
GMs. Hood type.
2100 is the S class. 3000hp EMD Clyde-GM builta at Somerton and
finished in WA. Dogbone type.
>They're the first WAGR locos not to have class letters in many decades I
>think. They must have run out of letters.

Not so - see above.
>Are they related to each other?

Yes, see above.
>Neil