Re: New locos for the RTM

I agree with Tim... in part.

Getting 5711 running again is a pointless exercise in wasting money.
For the purpose of lifting steam's sagging profile, getting 3001, either of
the 32-class, one of the 36s or even 3820 running would be more profitable.

Before those who say "we've already got two 38s running" pipe up, the Vics
have three or four R-class and no-one seems to complain...

Yes, I can see the managerial problems of Valley Heights running trains
however the Vics also have a good leasing system set up whereby locos are
leased from SteamRail if I'm correct.
I for one would love to see a Blue Mountains steam train running each
weekend, at least during the cooler six months of the year.
It would certainly create as much if not more atmosphere than the Cockatoo
Run.

You have to ask the question "WAS THE RTM SET UP TO RUN TRAINS?" When it's
name has the word "museum" in it, you have to wonder.
-----------------
Cheers,
Darren Yates
Firebox recordings [http://www.firebox.bluemountains.net.au]

Tim Arnot wrote in message <3639A21C.2513BFAF@fastlink.com.au>...
>Sorry, Bob but I have to put my bit in here.......
>
>gioia9499@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>>
>> In article <71b25j$n9f$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
>>   catchpoints@my-dejanews.com wrote:

It's a