Re: W's are back? :)

Bill Bolton wrote:

> 897 was at Souhtbank for driver training, though TW noted "it is
> unrepresentative of the modified Ws in service", 1008 was at Malvern
> for driver training, 843 was at Malvern for charter work and 785 was
> set aside at Malvern for "possible inclusion in the historic fleet".

FWIIW, I went on 785 on route 16 on my last visit to Melbourne a year
ago. I think it was the last SW5 in regular service then. Most had been
withdrawn some time earlier after Lou found a whiff of asbestos in their
controllers somewhere.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

Q: What did Bill say to Hilary after sex?
A: "Honey, I’ll be home in 30 minutes."