Re: Thirlmere becomes Bowen

> Robert Harris <bob@fastlink.com.au> writes: >
>

> > I was talking to the guys from Thirlmere and apparantly the XXXX add won't
> > be seen in NSW, but the film crew were going to send a copy of the footage
> > back to us.

Yeah, they say that every time, and I haven't seen a tape of any of the adds
or features that I've been involved with since 1991.

> > Tried a few "samples" of  the "bitter" and it tastes better than the old
> > stuff

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought XXXX was always a Bitter. My free case
doesn't taste any better than the 'old stuff', and certainly isn as good as
Old.

Having had the (dubious) privelege of being the guard on Thursday & Friday,
the *real* plot is as follows:

Opening scene - conductor in pub, telling mates what happened at work, over a
XXXX.

Flash back to train. Conductor walking through, checking tickets. Bloke asks
what time the train gets to Bowen. Sorry mate, its Wednesday & this train
doesn't stop at Bowen, but I'll get the driver to slow down for you.

Bloke jumps off, and as he's running along the platform a 'shearer type' spots
him & thinks he's running for the train, so he pulls him back on.

Cut to rocking HJ ute on platform (rego. 685 BED)
A feller doing 'pushups' stops, surprised.
Girlfriend (unseen in back of ute) 'What's up ?' (sits up)
Feller 'I reckon that bloke could use a XXXX'
Other girlfriend's head appears with 'dumb country blond expression'

Cut to 'bar' in RFN 2187. Shearer & Bloke enjoying a XXXX (attractive barmaid
cameo).
Bloke 'So what time do we get to Townsville ?'
Conductor (entering) 'Tickets please ... I reckon you could use a XXXX !'

Cut to aerial shot of station & train.
Cosmonaut with spy camera 'XJsd,oiur,moisf XXXX' (Russian for, you guessed it,
'I reckon that bloke could use a XXXX')

Cheers (bad pun intended)