Re: Bluebird Railcars for Gippsland

"Jane and Graeme" <janess@dynamite.com.au> wrote, and I selectively
quote:

>Following from this, does anyone know if there are any plans to re-introduce
>rail services thru to Bairnsdale?  I know the point was raised in the local
>media there about a year ago.

It's publicly stated and oft repeated policy of WCR that if it wins
the VLP tender that it will re-instate passenger train services to
Mildura and Bairnsdale.

The government are upping the number of passenger services in the lead
up to privatisation to provide a "minimum service" benchmark which
any/all privateers are expected to adhere to.  The "sale" of VLP is
actually the sale of a franchise and new entrants would most likely
need newer or new locomotives and carriages.
Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos

Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au

Web site at http://people.enternet.com.au/~steam4me
(last updated 22 October 1998 2300h approx.)
First photos of R711 in steam!