Re: new CityRail web page

TB wrote:

> Since when has "Sydney Central" (there is no "Central" in the "C"
> page, as where most would look) had disabled access?  The times I have
> been there I was quite shocked to think that the 'central' Station of
> Sydney didn't even have access for those with a disability (stairs
> only to most platforms).  Are Station staff paid to lift people in
> wheelchairs up flights of stairs???  I can see 'stress payments'
> appearing (again)! ;-)

All platforms with the exception of 8/9, 10/11 and 12/13 have lifts to the
platforms.  If someone in a wheelchair wants to use a platform, the SA will take
them where they want to go uses the lifts.  As part of the Olympics, the Access
at Central is to be significantly improved.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard