Re: Modern high speed steam to Mackay.

Barry Campbell wrote in message <72pbn1$k41$1@news.mel.aone.net.au>...

>The person from Sarina neglects to mention that there are at least 8 buses
>day through Mackay to and from Brisbane. As well there are 5 or 6 flights
>from Mackay each way. Do we really need a tilt train?

Well.....do we?  The answer must be "yes" because construction of a diesel
powered tilt train is to commence in April next year. The new trains will
travel between Brisbane and Cairns and will, of course, have sleeping
accomodation (does this mean you fall out of bed every time you hit a left
hander??!!). The manufacturer of this train is as yet unknown (at least to
me and my boss, that is!). More details will be posted as it comes to hand.

Regards

Matt Smith