Re: Cockatoo Run, It's almost over!

I think you are missing the point here. If there were any subsidies the train
would probably have continued to run however there are no subsidies, a lack of
sponsors and its costing 3801 Ltd money to continue to run it. Also the increase
in access charges and an increase in the payment for space at Port Kembla also
have played a part in the demise of this service. If the service was subsidised as
is the case with WCR and their operation the train would have run every day not 4
days a week.
Cheers
Bob