steam tour? you're kidding!

It may well have been marketed as the steam tour for the enthusiast, Bevan,
but I wouldn't call a tour where half the journey is by diesel one for
"steam enthusiasts".
Being dragged through the night by diesels to nowhere, then to be dragged
back to Goulburn for breakfast is not the best way to utilise one's spare
cash.
If you're going to do a steam tour, make it all-steam not just a token show.
A tripple-header up Molonglo Gorge would have been great but a day trip to
Bathurst behind two chartered 38s would certainly have been better and I
think would have had more support.
It goes back to the problem that the RTM has not managed it steam resources
well enough to enable full steam tours to take place any longer.
Argue all you want, but the fact remains: the RTM does not have a steam loco
that can go from Sydney to Goulburn.... and THAT is a shame for steam
enthusiasts.
Cheers,
Darren Yates
Firebox Recordings [http://www.firebox.bluemountains.net.au]