Re: More Austrac Rumours

Spaceman wrote in message <36496a02.0@pink.one.net.au>...
>Ok
>
>ummmm this might be something really really stupid, BUT in another thread
on
>this newsgroup someone said that they had to be remodeled to get through
the
>tunnels on the Illawarra range. The last pics I saw of an NB loco it looked
>like it was very very close to the same profile as a NR or 48 class loco.
>
>Thought I'd throw this to the professionals on here to tell me I'm wrong
and
>shoot me down in flames. I'm sorta used to it working with 17 women when
>there are only 20 people working there.
>
>Chris

<snip>

I was told by someone who was in contact with Austrac that the cab is the
problem. Maybe they will be modified to look like a 40 class. After seeing
the loco yesterday they do look big, and the bogies look a bit oversized
seeing they came from  the Hammersley locos.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton