Hitachi Refurbishments

Hi,

A reliable source has told me that there are only 3 more Hitachi sets
going up to Bendigo (Goninan's) for Refurbishment before their contract
runs out.
He has also told me that after the contract runs out, Goninan's are not
interested in completing the remainder of the refurbishment's, so it will
up to the new privatised Hillside/Bayside companies to organise
refurbishments if they want to do so.
As a rough estimate, when Hillside & Bayside are privatised, there will be
approx 15 Hitachi sets still running around which will be unrefurbished.

Also the same deal applies for the Comeng upgardes.  (Replacement of
speedo's, removing internal cab walls, replacing fibre-glass fronts)
Clyde's contract runs out in June 1999, and from then on, if not all
Comeng sets have been treated, it is up to the privatised companies to do
so.

Thanks,

Gareth

              Gareth Lumsden,   RMIT University Student
         E-MAIL (text only) : s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au
           E-MAIL (secondary account) : glums112@yahoo.com
 GARETH'S RAILWAY WEB PAGE:  http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278