Re: 2 car K sets - Where do they run?

Gareth Lumsden wrote:

> I am a Melbournian, hoping to visit Sydney again this January.
> Since we are all talking about the 2 car K sets, I want to get a few shots
> of them.
> To the best of my understanding, the 2 car sets only run the Clyde to
> Carlingford shuttles during the weekdays, off-peak.

No, these are 4 car tangaras.

> Also on this 3.00pm
> ex - Newscastle service, discussed else where in this thread.

Yes, they work the 15:05 from Newcastle to Sydney.  Also the 18:18 MT cars
Sydney to Hornsby sheds.

> Is this correct?
> Do they run at any other time, or on any other line?

They run many suburban services in the Newcastle suburban area (Newcastle -
Morriset) during the day and are stabled at Gosford overnight, with the
exception of the set that stables at Hornsby.

Not strictly K sets, but two car L sets run shuttles on the south coast between
Waterfall and Port Kembla.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard