Cockatoo Run, Austrac and other stuff

The Cockatoo Run's No18 has failed and is being repaired. Their 73 class
broke a piston and did a lot of damage to the engine. I am told that if 18
isn't fixed in time 4401 will be working the trains this weekend. The trains
didn't run last weekend due to trackwork on the mountain.
Austrac are supposed to be running a test log train to Port Kembla, I think
on next Monday 9th. The logs are to be transported by road from Tumut to
Junee, then rail to Port Kembla. It is intended to use the NB locos, which
need changes to the cab profile to clear the Illawarra Range tunnels. The
wagons used will be PT coil wagons that Austrac bought from BHP Port Kembla.
BHP's D7 has been sold to a group associated with ARHS Canberra. Bronzewing
will be running 5th/6th Dec from Centenary Park at Cringila for BHP
Christmas functions.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton