Re: New Years Eve Transport Arrangements

Michael Walker wrote:

> Does anyone know the transport arrangements for Sydney for New Years Eve? I
> hope to go to the Sydney Harbour Skyshow with my girlfriend and want to be
> able to get back to where we are staying.

Suburban trains will run 24 hours. Generally, if you look at the timetable for
the night (after 21:00) just turn to the day section for the same time (ie 23:00
becomes 11:00).  This generally works, but there will be some minor differences.

> I am especially interested in the
> South Coast as I hope to be able to find a nice camping ground down that way
> (any recommendations?). Thanking you in advance.

Last year there were two extra trains tabled, with the last train running at
about 01:00.  When 6 carloads of people turned up at around 03:00, they decided
to run another one.  Kiama has a few nice areas to camp / stay, but you are
looking at over 2 hours to get there by train (if they are running that late).
If you want to stay at a cheap motel, the Briggdale Motel at Bombo is in a
perfect hackspot location.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard