Re: Flinders Street platform 4+5

>A friend of mine who commutes every day told me the temporary timetable for
>the Hurstbridge line was to be extended to the 7th. Does anyone know?

I think he was wrong, I was in the city today at an I.T. exhibition at Jeffs
shed and on the Burnley group of lines things appeared as per normal except
that the direct trains appeared to be departing from platform 6 instead of 4
(as 4 is still under construction). Certainly this was the case for the
15.16 Alamein and 15.25 Box Hill anyway, both of which ran significantly
late (about 8 minutes for both of them).

As a side observation, A71 came through about 15.25 with about 15 container
flats, all full except about 3 or 4. The curtain sides on some of the
'containers' said something like 'Toll and Australian Paper in partnership',
has Toll always been the forwarder or did they take the contract from Vline
Freight then subcontract them to still run the service?