Re: Cockatoo Run to Continue?

'Twas a dark and stormy night on Wed, 04 Nov 1998 00:16:26 +1100 as Eben Levy
<tkid@ozemail.com.au> took time out from the neverending quest to rid the world
of grues and wrote:

> > Fire Engines (in Sydney, anyway) have such devices fitted to the motors to
> > reduce wear and tear on them (at least the older fire engines did, dunno about
> > these new ones).  They used to stuff a lot of engines by flooring a cold motor.
>
> As far as I know, all new engines still have an oil heater in them. I just hope
> that they *ALWAYS* remember to unplugged them before taking off.

The plug is next to where the station officer (or ranking fireman) boards the
engine.  It is his responsibility to remove it.  ;-)

Catchya

   http://www.ozemail.com.au/~kingpin1