Re: Road Cost Recovery.

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Barry Campbell wrote:

> Bill Evans wrote in message <35618fbc.7513697@news.collective.com.au>...
>
> <snip>.
> >
> >May I be so presumtious as to suggest that there is a third
> >alternative. How about corpratisation? Westrail has been corpratised
> >and last year returned a nett operating profit. I believe this was the
> >first time in it's history, and despite being sadled with the full
> >costs of perway construction and maintenace costs.
>
> <more snip>
>

> Queensland Rail have been corporatised for 3 years now and it returns a
> profit, although this is after govt subsidy for uneconomic (ie politically
> necessary) services. The point is that they do not have to operate these
> services unless the minister directs them and this fact must be reported to
> parliament. Once directed they are also entitled to payment from the
> Treasury.

596 million for citytrain and the frieght services i think, uneconomic
lines

winton-hughenden

westgate-quilpe

charliville-cullamulla

south west line west of thallon (though this will proberly change with the
building of a cotton ginnery at dirrinbandi.

mereeba-atherton

People could proberly add or delete to this list with far better inside
info than i

Closed sections (can anybody confirm these)

Is the stanthorpe-wallangarra section closed?

wallaman (former kilcoy branch)

galdstone-monto (the rest of the loop line to stay open i think)

> Barry Campbell

"Never let someone stuff something up for you, when you can stuff it just
as well yourself"

Neill