Re: Eight Car XPT sets on Brisbane XPT

dbromage@metz.une.edu.au (David Bromage) writes: > Graham Duffin (duffin@pronet.net.au) wrote:
> >When NT-2 Bris-Syd XPT passed Salisbury (Qld) this morning (Tue 12 May)
> >it consisted of power cars XP2006 and XP2008 and only six trailer cars.
> >It was one of the first class trailer cars that was missing.
>
> I assume you mean one of the XB cars, which are now designated economy
> class despite their first class coding.
>
> Cheers
> David

Re your question about which car is missing.  When NT-1 and NT-2 come
past here at Salisbury the train is travelling at speed and I can't read
the code at the end of the carriage.

When NT-2 is heading towards Sydney this is how it presently looks:
Power Car
Sitting  (with guards area)
Sitting
Sitting