Re: Buebirds to the Baross;Clare

dbromage@metz.une.edu.au (David Bromage) writes:
> peter berrett (pberrett@tbsa.com.au) wrote:
> >Some time ago somebody posted a message suggesting that somebody migth
> >be setting up a service from Adelaide to the Barossa using the
> >Bluebirds.
>
> A number of units were sent to Victoria for overhaul. At least one 250
> class has been test run and returned to Adelaide.
>
> Cheers
> David

That highly reliable and reputable rag the Tise made comment today that the BB's
were in the Railway station (the one on north terrace, not the disgraceful
tinshed in a paddock) with a commencement date of May 24.

Sad National Failways pulled up the Clare line, as This, in my opinion would be
far more attractive than the Barrosa.

Better still would have been the then proposed relocation from Peterborough the
assets that now reside there. The Clare line would have been perfect for the
steam journeys, also closer to Adelaide, and with numerous stops and towns, more
likely to be able to attract a reliable client base.

A bluebird to Riverton,and steam with your wine.

Ohh well, at least a few ad a vision back then, and it seems they were right!

Nic