Re: Steam heating and low voltage hep

On 5 May 1998 01:49:51 GMT, dbromage@metz.une.edu.au (David Bromage)
wrote:

>Does anybody have details of the low voltage (DC?) head end power used in
>NSW? I'm pretty sure the low voltage hep was used only on the Cooma Mail,
>and only a few Goulburn locomotives were equipped for it. From memory it
>was 4820-4829.

IIRC 4820-4830 and a small number of 44's. Used on Cooma Mail and
Kosciusko Express.
I think the 44's were random numbers of mark 1's (about 6-10). Not
sure about that, maybe someone has more details.

>Also, details of steam heating.
>
>Cheers
>David

When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather; not screaming and scared shitless like his passengers.