Re: STN KO

"Darren Yates" <dyates@pnc.com.au> writes:

>Anyone hear back from Malcolm Rains re: STN KOing?
>He replied to my questions saying that its up to the rail tour operators to
>give out STNs.

 Im told the RTM makes a point of not keeping STN's in their Burwood office,
as they get flooded with enough calls as it is.
 The STNs for their tours are distributed out to operations staff early
as possible and the main office purged of any data other than the public
timetable.
 The policy is a result of the number of calls asking where X will be at
what time got to the point that nothing other than answering calls could be
done for several days before the tour!

 The SRA should set up a 1900 number for STNs :-)