Re: Little Trimmer vanishes !!!

Robbie O'Regan <robbie@alphalink.com.au> wrote in article
<6ikn7e$8g3$1@news.alphalink.com.au>...
> In article <01bd7445$14e29140$682e11cb@rodsmith>, rodsmith@werple.net.au
> says...
> >
> >AFAIK F211 has gone to the ARHS museum.  I haven't seen it there; the
item
> >was reported to me.
>
> Was definitely inside the ARHS Museum gates on Sunday 3/5/1998.
> Number plates and "Little Trimmer" plates removed, paint being
> removed with an angle grinder.

 I wonder how many times I went past and didn't even miss it?
Lousy locos, Rough, unreliable, and we had to tow the bastards at 30mph all
the way to Wodonga.
Remember a story about a crew pissing in the axle oilers, trying to heat
them up, so as to be able to throw the rotten thing off at Seymour!
they reckon it worked, and eventualy they gave us Y classes. We were given
bags filled with straw to put between the radiator pipes and our backs, so
that we could sit on the spartan seats provided. The pipes were directly
behind the seat, making it almost impossible to sit, and never
comfortably...like I said a shit of a loco.
                                                                       Rod