Re: Freight reform is the real issue - Comment in today's Age

But for it's $250 million, the government achieves two things by union
busting that rail upgrades cannot bring:

1. Headlines for weeks.
2. Votes from those who don't like unions or the thought of people earning
significantly more than they do for doing what would be considered by many
to be an unskilled job.
3. A change of opinion in the electorates from thinking the government is
weak willed and ineffectual and has done nothing of substance in it's term
of power to thinking we have a strong government and leader who is prepared
to kick butts. And hence more votes as we all tend to like a strong
government seen to be doing something.

My 2c worth.

Please, please no endless abusive political thread like last time. Thank
you.