Tasrail

G'day people,

Well the last few months down here have brought new owner, new logo and new
(old) locos in the offing and now the possibility of the the EBR being sold to
the new Tasrail owner. I'm told that things have gone very quiet on the EBR
sale front and that may well indicate that the sale will soon happen.

The local union reps certainly seem to think so.

A union rep also told me that the contracts that the new owner entered into
with Tasrail train crews were only of 6 months duration and they are coming up
for renewal. The word is that not all contracts will be renewed.

Stuart