Re: 81 and air con cars

kestrel (kestrel@wr.com.au) wrote:
>I was passing through Lewisham on Tuesday afternoon about
>4.00 p.m. and saw an 81 hauling 3 or maybe 4 red air
>conditioned cars plus power  van.
>
>Can anyone tell me what the train was, as I was told that
>City Rail/Countrylink no longer provide any locomotive
>hauled passenger services out of Sydney Terminal.

That would have been WL31 to Orange. It forms WL33 from Orange to Broken
Hill on Wednesdays, then WL32 overnight from Broken Hill to Sydney on
Thursday.

The same cars are used on SL15 to Griffith on Saturdays, returning as SL16
on Sunday. Sl15/16 are usually hauled by 42220.

Timetables at http://www.railpage.org.au/tt/nsw.html

Cheers
David