Re: Australian Railway Magazines which is best

Nic Doncaster wrote:

> markbau1@aol.com (MarkBau1) writes:
> > Nic wrote:
> >
> > <<<(one recalls a certain book getting a bagging because the data was crap, I
> > now
> > no -longer use previous editions as I cannot be sure of its accuracy)>>>>>
> >
> > Which book are you referring to?
> >
> > I just got hold of Obergs latest book (published a couple of years ago I
> think)
> > I haven't read it all but some of what he writes about Victoria is a bit
> > ridiculous.
> >
> > Regarding VR C class he wrote that their introduction to service "caused a
> > revolution in interstate schedules" Well I guess if you define a revolution as
> > interstate freights dropping in max. speed from 60MPH down to 50 MPH then he
> is
> > correct!
> >
> > There are quite a few other niggling errors. Leo is a nice guy and a
> > workmanlike photographer but a historian he is not!
> >
> > Mark.
> >

> > THE ROCK is dead
> > Long live THE ROCK!
>
> I have never met him, so cannot comment on his personality traits
>
> I refer to his book of course.
>
> He uses references that contradict what he has written.

The famous book, Locomotives Of Australia is now in its 4th (I think) edition and
still he gets it wrong. Each new edition gives updates on new classes but goes over
the same old stuff. Leon is a great photographer and should stick to picture
(landscape formate) books which he would do very well at.Bob