Re: A strange event

Adrian Whichello wrote:

> Is this why we have an occasional sojurn through the down refuge east of
> Penrith (4:59pm ex Sydney, David) even though there are no conflicting
> movements against us? Although I can see no good reason why we have to do it -
> why not use some all stations instead of an express service?

I would say the reason for this is to get your train closer to Penrith platform.
There is a train which terminates at Penrith at 17:42, three minutes prior to your
train.  By running your train into the down refuge, you can get closer to the train
on the platform, as you can use a signal and catchpoints as protection, rather than
two signals.

> In fact what is
> wrong with Penrith box? Are they just bored? Some days we scream through the
> place and others (too many others) we crawl from St Mary's to Emu Plains.

That would all depend on how well the train in front is running.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard