Re: Help - Any transport Charleville to Alice Springs

M.B. and C.M.McDonald wrote in message
<01bd41bb$1ac2b660$LocalHost@mcdonald>...

>I was working on
>Kempsey-Brisbane-Charleville-Alice-Adelaide-Melbourne-Sydney-Kempsey
>circuit (by rail where possible) while my mother stays in Kempsey.

Difficult to do - another idea might be to go to Longreach instead of
Charleville, then get the Greyhound bus to Mt Isa, bus to Three Ways, then
bus to Alice Springs. - This would allow you to travel on Australia's latest
luxury train, "The Spirit of the Outback".

An alternative would be to go to Townsville on either "The Queenslander"  or
"The Sunlander", and catching "The Inlander" to Mt Isa, thereby sampling
probably the last of the classic Australian country trains. Still need to
bus or plane to Alice Springs, though, or maybe a one way car rental.

Regards

David Proctor
daproc@bigfoot.com