Re: Victorian safeworking systems

Mark,

MarkBau1 wrote:
> <<<<<<<I believe the tunnel Geelong-South Geelong is also Station Yard Working.
> Craig.>>>>>>>>
>
> Aren't you a conductor over this line? Presumeably you are qualified in the
> safeworking over the lines you work? Shouldn't you KNOW what the safeworking
> system is between Geelong and Sth. Geelong?

We've been through this before.  Conductor is NOT a safeworking
position. A WCR, V/Line or Hoys Conductor need not have any safeworking
knowledge. To quote my Conductors manual (again) "The Conductor's
position is _not_ a safeworking position, so a thorough knowledge of the
Rules and Operating procedures is not essential".

> I know VR connies had to have "guards briefs" and qualified in the systems they
> ran over. Please tell us more about exactly what a WCR conductor needs to know.

How long ago did VR connies have Guards briefs?  According to the bloke
who trains us (previously a VR Guard, and V/Line Conny, and Conny
Trainer etc) when the role of passenger train Guard was eliminated, the
safeworking functions all went to the second person.
We ARE NOT GUARDS.

Regards,
Craig.
--