Spirit of Capricorn questions

I have heard rumors that the current service runs at a profit, is this why
the Q'land government spent the money on the tilt train and associted track
work.
What wll become of the current rolling stock? As the Brisbane - Rocky line
was electrified in the late 80's, I assume the electric rolling stock is
less than 10 years old.
Must be an Australian first, a government railway replacing passenger
rolling stock that is less than 10 years old for something faster and more
comfortable. Watch out Tangara lovers.

PS Does anyone know what the current situation is with the Rocky - Yeppon
line. I heard it was to be closed, but I saw some freight wagons with shinny
wheels being load in Yeppon a few weeks ago. The line up past the N'Rocky
meatworks has been given a bit of an upgrade too.