Re: Overhead wires restored to Goods lines??

daproc@bigfoot.com writes:

>In article <35911481.9544314D@ozemail.com.au>,
>  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:

>> Chances are that North Sydney Car Sidings will be closed, and the
>> land sold off.

>So CityRail has finally realised that it has some prime harbour real estate
>worth many, MANY millions of dollars! Once again, money gets in the way of
>things - you can bet your life the money from the sale will go into
>consolidated revenue, and the railways wont see a cent of it.

 I rather doubt that the government would get to sell it. Most of the
sidings would get turned into Park Land. Any attempt to sell it for
development would attract a major outcry.
 Most of the rest of the alignment is probably unsuitable for selling on
its own, it would only be worth something to ajoining land holdings.