Re: Prspector News Release

Tell (telljb@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
> Does this pollie know what he is talking about, he
> sounds like a typical State Transport Minister.
> One political party commits the state to a pork barrel,
> they get booted out and the other lot get in and yes we
> have the usual political crap about who's fault it was,
> because it never really turned out like it should have.
>
> Sound familiar.?  You nod towards NSW and I'll wink, or
> can you spell X-P-T.

I agree about new governments messing up what the previous government
started. Having said that, the original Comeng XPT proposal in 1979 was
quite sound and consisted of 100 vehicles including 26 locomotives and 8
driving trailers.

My best guess is that Westrail would get 200km/h DMUs similar to those
being built by Bombadier or GEC Alsthom. If they go with GEC Alsthom, that
probably means they'd be built by Goninan in Bassendean (jobs for WA and
all that). I would hope they choose active tilting.

Cheers
David