Melbourne Overhead Problems

I meant to post this a while ago, but it just slipped my mind.

A few weeks back there was a spate of overhead failures in the City
Loop, in particular the Caulfield group (tunnel 2), and the Burnley
group (tunnel 4). Does anyone have any info on this? Is it lack of
maintenance, or just bad luck?

I work in East Melbourne and usually use Parliament station to get to
Richmond to change for the Sandy train home. After the spate of overhead
failures in the loop, I've altered my "down pattern" to get a tram to
Swanston st, and catch a Sandy train direct from Flinders st. Takes an
extra 10 minutes but relieves me of the hassles of getting to Parliament
to only find something has happended that results in the overcrowding of
another platform to get to Richmond with the delays associated.

David