CityRail TVM's

Don't you just hate 'em?

This has now occurred twice.

Step 1: Buy ticket from TVM
Step 2: Walk to gates
Step 3: Ticket rejected as 'invalid 98'
Step 4: Disbelieving, repeat step 3

Tonight when this happened I queried barrier staff who then tried it and
it worked.

My theory is that the TVM's internal clock is ahead of the gate's
internal clock and it rejects the ticket as invalid because the issue
time is later than its current time.

I guess this means that as the times drift apart between TVM's and gates
we will all end up doing a circuit of the concourse before attempting to
enter the platform! Or having to wait well after 9am for an off peak
ticket.

Anyone experienced this?

Station staff's solution: "we can't do anything - management take no
notice, write to MP's"

Peter MacKenzie
(remove 'at' in address)