Re: Sydney trip

On Sun, 07 Jun 1998 22:54:22 +1000, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Crookesp wrote:
>
>> Thing 5. I expect a sleeping car to be positioned in the train and so sprung
>> that it minimises the noise and sideways motion of travel. Not just shoved at
>> the end of the train regardless.
>
>Don't forget the exhaust smoke, or even worse, the PSS smoking in his compartment
>and blowing the smoke through the air-conditioning for the whole car.  This has
>happened every time I have used an XPT sleeper.

Don't forget that if the sleeping car is NOT placed at the end of the
carriage consist, you would be kept awake by all the sitting
passengers walking through the car to get to the buffet!

There is usually a good reason for separating sitters from sleepers!

Pete.