Re: Budd - RDC's Where Are They ?

Nic Doncaster <nldoncas@cobweb.com.au> wrote in article
<6l87cd$3cc$1@pinah.connect.com.au>...
> Marc Hunt <march@pip.com.au> writes:
> > I really need to know who bought or has the SRA Budd RDC's ?
> >
> > I have a project in mind that may just put these units back on the
rails
> > in revenue service.
> >
> > If anyone knows who has them or where they are please let me know.
> >
> > Marc Hunt
> > Sierra Rail Co.
> >

> The SRA cars were only built to Budd design.
>
> The only real "Budd" cars in Oz where the CR Units 1, 2, and 3.
>
> Also good old AN decided they weren't servicable after the Derick Crash.
One is
> in PDSRM, the other ? and the bent one, Didn't hear what happened.

Beg to differ, but A BUDD is a BUDD even if Yankee Doodle Dandy did not
build it!!!
Suppose you reckon 4201 or B69 were not GM's  [all right  GM1 is not a GM
also??]

And You forgot the Prospector, which I am sure the driver told me was a
Budd also!

Sad bit I think Pete Smith showed me some Budds being cut up in Adelaide
[Sims] with some 930's and
some GM's
                                         Rod Young