Re: Implications of ICE crash

<<<<<<Hmmm. Say, 180 tons of train (Leading power car and trailer) travelling
at 200 km/h. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone were to do the sums
and come up with a stopping distance of 2300 metres.>>>>>

Well I've seen several reports about how far the loco travelled after
separating. I think the confusion exists because no one is sure where the
separation occured, some reports assumed it occured at the bridge but maybe it
was before the bridge!

But you are correct, the loco may have stopped in the normal distance for that
speed.

Mark.

THE ROCK is dead
Long live THE ROCK!