Re: Armed guard on the Illawarra Line

Chris Stratton <stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au> wrote in article
<6li2ae$51j9@atbhp.corpmel.bhp.com.au>...
> There were reports in the local media about a Cityrail guard who hit a
> passenger over the head with a spanner. I think the passenger was drunk
and
> had been pushing the emergency button. I suppose the guard will now get
> charged with assault.
> Regards,
> Chris Stratton,
> Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Spanners are very useful when dealing with nuts. Trouble is the guard
probably picked the wrong sort of nut, and the civil libertarians out there
will probably ensure that the guard and Cityrail get sued.  Pity about the
all the rest of the passengers etc who are inconvenienced by such rabble,
and have to pay higher fares to pay for the legal costs and damages
incurred.  Or if they don't the mug taxpayer cops it.

 David Bennetts
Canberra