Re: CityRail questions

On Thu, 04 Jun 1998 18:39:16 -0700, David Mewett
<David_Mewett@rta.nsw.gov.au> wrote:

>paul wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 28 May 1998 23:46:53 GMT, rdulin@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >On my train to work this morning, there was a schoolboy
>> >sitting in front of me. All the seats were taken.
>> >
>> snip
>
>> >The boy then left to stand in the vestibule, the man
>> >took the seat and proceeded to tell his fellow seated
>> >passengers what fun he had doing that.
>> >
>> >Was he correct in telling the boy he had to stand *because
>> >he had not paid full fare*?
>> >
>> >snip
>
>> My understanding is that this situation applies where a school child
>> is travelling on a free school pass, but not when having paid any
>> fare, including child fare..
>>
>> Paul
>> CityRail SM
>
>a little while ago there was a big fuss about this in relation to kids
>on buses, probally after the problem of them being caught in doors.
>parents were saying that they did not want their kids standing up
>because of the danger, ie they are safer sitting in a seat. i have an 11
>year old i would not want him to have to stand up for someone who is not
>disabled or elderly - it is safer, whether train or bus or tram
>
>David Mewett
>Onlooker

You have two options-

1. Buy your son a weekly (at child fare) every week.
2. Write to your nearest CityRail Sector Manager and let your feelings
be known. They are usually pretty receptive to letters from customers.

Paul
CityRail SM
x is the spam filter