Re: 2500 rail and bus jobs may go

robson wrote:

> David Johnson wrote:
>
> > We don't need rear-view mirrors yet.  We have guards.  Before installing rear-view
> > mirrors, they would have to trim quite a few trees back.
>
> And straighten a lot of platforms.

Melbourne have the solution to this, install cameras/tv monitors at the
end of all platforms. But i dont see why they should do it. They could
spend less money keeping the conductors/guards than they are spending on
implementing crappy ticketing systems which dont work and heavily
modifying the systems for driver-only operation.

--
Mr Michael Kurkowski.   Email: simcard@tig.com.au
    Snail Mail: P.O. Box 337 Glenroy, VIC 3046