Re: CityRail questions

Matthew Geier <matthew@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in article
<6kl98h$7jh$1@metro.usyd.edu.au>...
> rdulin@hotmail.com writes:
>
> >On my train to work this morning, there was a schoolboy
> >sitting in front of me. All the seats were taken.
>
> >A man got on, and proceeded to ask the boy to stand.
> >The boy ignored him at first, but then the man asked
> >the boy if he had paid full fare. The boy said no, and
> >the man said that if he had not paid full fare, then
> >he had to stand to give the seat to someone who had.
>
>  If the kid was a school student, they were probably actually
> traveling free on a student pass. Student are not entitled to
> a seat. It used to actually say so on the passes.
>
>  I dont know if that bylaw applies to all childrens fares or not,
> but certainly there is something about students.

I remember reading something a few years ago that full fare paying customer
and pensioners had the first right to seats, then other concession fare
people, and finally students who were travelling free.  I read this several
years ago when I was in first year at uni,  I can not remember where
though.

Matthew